Sunday, December 03, 2006

Music and Healing



Sound is an extremely powerful tool for healing and spiritual transformation. For years, sound has been used to induce states of physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. Sound allows us to enter and tap into the inner resources of our life to retrieve positive energy, renewed vitality, balance, inspiration, relaxation, creativity, free expression, and transformation.

Music helps us to fuse with that inner emotional self. When your emotional self is vibrant and energized, that will also lead to the revitalization of the physical self. Even Buddhism stresses the importance of "oneness of body and mind." So, I believe music has true healing power!

I was definitely re-energized last night! David Murray, my favorite jazz tenor saxophonist, and my good old friend is in Tokyo! I think his ballads are absolutely amazing, especially when he plays "In a Sentimental Mood"--talk about a real healing experience! And when he played my favorite piece, Thelonius Monk's "Let's Cool One,"I felt truly energized!! My friends, jazz-crazy Mr.G and Ms.J joined me last night. It was Kumiko Ishiwata's (music promoter, also known as "rabbit") birthday and David dedicated a solo for her.

Technorati Profile

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

David Murray is playing at Body and Soul, Aoyama on Friday night.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rie,
Great site....let's try to find flattering photos of Mr. G.
Hoping to catch David Murray tonight...
I will research a profile on my amazing "unaging" mother! Your mother and your grandmother look great!
love from
Joan

Dr. Hirahata said...

I will see you tonite, then! Yes, I want to write about your amazing mother so send me her photo!!!

Taiko Tari said...

Ah... I read this entry a little too late! Is David Murray still in town?

Dr. Hirahata said...

Sorry, Tari. I should've let you know. His last gig was on Saturday night!